Parent Information


All students will receive a personal identification number (PIN) when he/she enrolls. Your student should memorize this number and not share with any other students as this number is directly tied to their personal account. Your student will use this PIN number until he/she leaves the district. Students will receive an identification card with a scan bar.  Student ID Scanners are used at all schools and will be used to access their account. 


Negative Foodservice Account Balance Policy

• Parents or guardians that have enrolled at will receive notification when their student has reached a negative balance.  At negative $3.00 or more, a letter or email will be sent out regarding the balance.  
• At negative $7.00 balance, no a la carte purchases are permitted.  Debt must be paid before a la carte purchases can be made.
• Once the negative $15.00 balance is exceeded, the Foodservice Manager will provide an alternate meal at breakfast or lunch.

You can set up an account at to review student meal transactions.


Many of the schools provide specialty, a la carte items. These items range in price and are not included in the paid, free or reduced priced “school lunch”. All customers may purchase a la carte items with cash or by using their lunch account.


Restrictions can be placed on your student’s meal account. Once restrictions are placed, they cannot be removed unless the parent provides the Foodservice Manager or Child Nutrition Director with notice that the restrictions need to be removed.

Free and Reduced Priced Meal Application REMINDER:

Parents are encouraged to complete one Free and Reduced Price Meal Application per family, rather than one per child. This single application for the family may be returned to any of the schools where parents have a child/children enrolled.  The schools will be sending all completed applications to the Child Nutrition Director for centralized approval. Until the application is processed and approved by the Child Nutrition office, any meal charges will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian. The approval process can take up to ten (10) days at the beginning of the school year.

Your student’(s) meal status (free or reduced) at the end of a school year will continue through the first 30 days of the next school year. Unless a new Family Meal Application has been processed and approved by the 30th day of school, your student’(s) meal status will revert to PAID. You may complete a lunch application at any time during the school year.



Prepayment to your child’s meal account with a debit or credit card can be made at  Payment can also be received by the Foodservice Manager in form of check or cash. If a check is used, please indicate the student's name and student's personal identification number (PIN) on the check in the memo section. Prepayment is encouraged as it assists in movement of students through the line.


If your child has food allergies, please provide the school nurse with a physician’s note indicating the allergies and the appropriate substitutions that are recommended by the physician or medical authority.


Refunds are addressed at the administration level and require contact with the Child Nutrition office at 409-981-6400 ext. 1302 or 1303.  Refunds will only be given by check, mailed to the parent/ guardian on file.  Money left on a student's account can also be transferred to a sibling or another student.  It may also be given to a donation account set up to assist with helping student's pay their foodservice debt when needed.


Student account balances can be obtained on the web site at no charge to you. Parents/ guardians can add money to their student's account, monitor food purchases, and access menus from this website. 

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program compliant of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.  To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail:  U.S. Department of Agriculture 
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; 
(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or 
(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider